Once again in the interest of time, here are the rest of my first impressions on the series I’ve started watching this season.
- Guilty Crown — One of the better shows this season. Interesting enough premise, lots of action, and crisp visuals. The only downside is having to put up with Shu’s teenage angst moments. On a somewhat related note, during my trip in Japan there was an exhibit for Guilty Crown in Nakano Broadway showcasing art from the first two episodes. No photos were allowed, but I did purchase an art book and some goodies. (Rating: Good)
- C3 — The first few episodes makes it seem like another cookie cutter high school-themed series, but things get serious and dark rapidly afterward with some pretty intense battle scenes that I was not expecting at all. (Rating: Decent)
- Hunter x Hunter (2011) — If you haven’t seen the original Hunter x Hunter, simply watch this remake. It’s the same fun story filled with adventure and friendship. (Rating: Great)
- Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon — I’ve only seen the first episode, which was filled with randomness. I heard it gets somewhat better though. (Rating: Mediocre)
- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! — A random story filled with fighting and fan service that revolves around a harem. (Rating: Mediocre)
- UN-GO — A detective story with some supernatural elements mixed in. The cases are actually interesting, which is a relief after the disappointing ones featured in Kamisama no Memochou. (Rating: Good)
- Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle — A bit too shounen for my tastes. It feels like I’m watching Yu-Gi-Oh! except with battles between puzzle creators and solvers. (Rating: Mediocre)
- Kimi to Boku — I haven’t watched that many episodes, but so far it’s a relaxing slice-of-life series focused on a group of male leads. (Rating: Decent)
- Maken-Ki! — A high school fighting series filled with fan service. It would be better if the main character wasn’t such a wimp most of the time. (Rating: Mediocre)
- Persona 4 The Animation — Just like what happened with the game…I never got around to watching even one episode of this. >_<
- Shakugan no Shana III (Final) — I passed on this for now since I want to watch the second season before starting the final one.
- Mirai Nikki (2011) — Looks really good, but I haven’t gotten around to starting it yet.
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE — I can’t believe they decided to make this after Gundam 00. It’s nowhere as good and instead feels like a subpar copy of Gundam Seed targeted towards young children. The entire concept of the AGE system is also questionable. (Rating: Mediocre)