July is rapidly approaching, so here’s a quick preview of the Summer 2011 Anime Season.
- Blood-C – A new series in the Blood franchise (e.g. Blood+) with Clamp’s character designs? This should be good.
- Yuru Yuri – So many series these days based around a school club with four female members.
- Morita-san wa Mukuchi – Four must really be the magic number.
- Mayo Chiki! – A butler that is really a girl. At least there’s no “ecchi” tag.
- No.6 – A sci-fi story set in a futuristic dystopia? I’ll definitely be watching this.
- The Idolmaster – Eh, I’ll probably give it a try since A-1 Pictures is working on it.
- Usagi Drop – I remember reading a few chapters of this manga before. This is worth checking out.
- Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi – Not sure if I’ll find the story interesting enough. I’m leaning towards no.
- Nekogami Yaoyorozu – Looks like a fun series with some popular voice actors as well.
- R-15 – Where do people come up with these stories?!
- Dantalian no Shoka – I’m intrigued by the premise already. Hopefully 13 episodes is enough.
- Blade – I’m not really interested in anime remakes of series from Marvel Comics. *shrug*
- Rou Kyuu Bu! – What? Can’t they just get another club leader?
- Kamisama no Memo-chou – A NEET detective girl solves mysteries. Can’t say no to that.
- Sacred Seven – Sunrise does good battle sequences, so at least there’s that to look forward to.
- Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000% – A reverse harem romance game adaptation? I’ll pass.
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation – A Japanese girl helps out at an ironwork shop in Paris during the 1800s.
- Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel: Kyun Kyun Tokimeki Paradise!! – Mahou shoujo? Reminds me of Madoka, except I don’t think it will be anywhere close to being as good.
I know I have stated this multiple times in the past already, but the number of series each season is growing quite quickly with each passing year. The shows I’ll be looking out for are Blood-C, No.6, Dantalian no Shoka, Kamisama no Memo-chou, and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee The Animation. You can probably infer what my preferences are just from that list.
As for OVAs and movies, there’s Carnival Phantasm with tons of TYPE-MOON characters (YES!) along with the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood movie and the Last Exile movie (premieres at AnimeExpo this year).
I’m content as long as there’s 3-4 good series every season. Plus, I can’t wait to see how Carnival Phantasm turns out!
Image Source: Carnival Phantasm