There’s a ton of new series coming out in April for the Spring 2011 Anime Season. Let’s take a quick look!
- Hidan no Aria – Detective girls wielding dual pistols? That’s enough reason to give it a try already.
- Hana-Saku Iroha – A slice-of-life series about girls working at a hot springs inn. Should be good since it’s an original project to celebrate P.A. Works studio’s 10th anniversary.
- Hen Zemi – Abnormal students taking the Abnormal Physiology Seminar. Yes! A series with university students and not the usual high/middle school kids.
- Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen – I loved the original Kaiji anime with all its unique gambling games. Finally there’s a sequel!
- Sket Dance – There seems to be a lot of series that revolve around Haruhi-type clubs nowadays.
- Ao no Exorcist – I’ve seen the commercials for this quite a few times. Looks good.
- Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko – About a girl that thinks she was abducted by an alien.
- Deadman Wonderland – A sci-fi series set in a dystopia. Looks interesting.
- A Channel – I’m assuming this is like Lucky Star.
- Dog Days – A fantasy series where everyone has…dog ears? What?
- C – Another series set in a dystopia. The premise has an Eden of the East feel to it.
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. – Original work by A-1 Pictures? Count me in!
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi – Eroge adaptation.
- Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai – Another eroge adaptation that follows the relationships of three young men. I wonder how they’re going to structure the series.
- Steins;Gate – I’ve always wondered what this was about when I kept seeing figures/nendos/figmas from it.
- Toriko – The promotional art makes this series look like one of those fun and ridiculous ones.
The majority of these already look like they’ll turn out to be worthwhile shows, especially Deadman Wonderland and C. I’m hoping they contain intricate plots and complex character development. Then there’s Hidan no Aria and Ao no Exorcist to cover the action content, and finally a few slice-of-life and original works to enjoy at a leisurely pace.
This upcoming season should be a great one!
Image Source: AniDB