Otome Youkai Zakuro – Final Impressions

The first post of 2011 is here!

Otome Youkai Zakuro ended up being one of my favorite series from the Fall 2010 season. Essentially all my thoughts from my first impressions post are still relevant and true even after I finished watching the final episode.

At the heart of the series, there is a serious story about Zakuro’s past and that of half-spirits. Everything ends up being resolved very nicely, with all loose ends tied up (both in plot and relationships). The character pairings were pretty obvious with no real rivalry going on.

All in all, Otome Youkai Zakuro is the way a 13-episode series is meant to be done, with a character-driven story planned and spaced out between the episodes in such a way that everything fits.

Rating: Very Good

12 Comments to “Otome Youkai Zakuro – Final Impressions”

The most under rated show, this was the most anticipated series for me tbh and im glad it turn out to be great. great cast + great characters + not bad plot = still GREAT! haha ^^

Definitely the most underrated show of the Fall 2010 season. Yup, it had an awesome cast with superb voice acting. ^^

2. duqs says:

I actually thought Zakuro will kiss Agemaki after she woke up in the last episode. Awesome cast, and decent plot. Wished they went even more indepth since the world they live in is kinda interesting

Yeah, I’m sure they could have made it even better if they had 24 episodes to work with. Good stuff.

3. Persocom says:

Zakuro was definitely one of the best shows of the season, I already miss the chant/want the OST. I would be extremely pleased to hear of a second season in the future.

The chant is awesome! I’ll be looking forward to the OST. ^^

4. guuzen says:

Well written! This is easily one of my favorite show last season (most satisfying too!).

Yup, definitely most satisfying ending of the previous season for me.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this. The art looks great, and it’s nice that it handled the 13 episode limit well. I’ll definitely try to fit this into my schedule.

I hope you find it enjoyable. 🙂

6. adorach says:

loved it the chanting was awesome, i like anime when they close up the relationship

Yup, a solid 13-episode series.