Rest of Summer 2010 Season – First Impressions

This season hasn’t been very impressive overall. The only two series that stand out are Amagami SS and HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD.

Otherwise, everything else has been mediocre. Here are the rest of my first impressions (even though it’s the middle of the season already).

• Asobi ni Iku yo! – Better than I thought it would be, but the story is still a bit too ridiculous.
  • Mitsudomoe – The main characters are elementary school kids that do random things. The art style and setting don’t suit my tastes.
  • Nurarihyon no Mago – A solid series about demons that is worth watching if you’re a shounen fan.
  • Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi – A high school drama filled with characters that have eccentric personalities and issues. The plot isn’t engaging enough.
  • Seitokai Yakuindomo – An inferior Seitokai no Ichizon that focuses on using crude jokes for humor.
  • Shukufuku no Campanella – An adventure series that feels a lot like watching a RPG. I stopped early on since I wasn’t in the mood for this.
  • Strike Witches 2 – Sequel to Strike Witches. More of the same as before. Personally, I preferred Sky Girls over Strike Witches.

Of course, there’s still Giant Killing and K-ON!! continuing from last season along with the monthly Katanagatari, all of which are good.

13 Comments to “Rest of Summer 2010 Season – First Impressions”

1. tabetaiii says:

I really enjoyed Ookami, mainly for the romance between Ryouko and Ryoushi.

Asobi ni iku yo’s storyline is kinda=/ but I watch it anyways since I’m bored.

Seitokai yakuindomo, reminds me of b gata h kei

Overall the only series that I’m liking this season is Amagami SS, ookami, Highschool of the Dead and Legend of the legendary heroes

Yeah, Ookami is all about building up their relationship, which is nice in that regard. Your favorites are essentially the only series I’m keeping up to date with this season.

2. Valence says:

I’ve just not bothered to even watch a single one yet, or at least watch them regularly. No time.

…but when asked for the ones I like, I would say HOTD, Ookami-san, and perhaps Asobi no Iku Yo.

Quite understandable, I’m finding less time for anime as projects are stacking up.

3. Micchi says:

Only kinda watching Campanella since it’s one of those series that you can pick up anytime and enjoy a 20min episode of random stuff.

I’m highly looking forward to the fall season though!

Oh man, I haven’t even looked at what’s coming up in the fall season.

4. wongsta says:

Try occult academy…it’s the only one i’ve been regularly watching this season (i haven’t tried them all out yet, though)

Ah, I have been keeping up to date with Occult Academy. I’m still hoping that Fumiaki acts like less of a wimp though.

The only series I am actively following is K-On!
    Occasionally I’d watch an episode of Strike Witches or HotD, but I’m way behind on everything. Occult Academy is also not bad.

K-ON!! is all one needs. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Master Vamp says:

i think Amagami SS is little bit, ehem… what do you say it’s little bit not a 100% free of dirty think i think for me

Heh, there’s a lot of “suggestive” scenes.

Master Vamp Reply: