Ni no Kuni (The Another World)

Level-5 teams up with Studio Ghibli to bring us Ni no Kuni (The Another World), a jRPG in development for the Nintendo DS and PS3.

After Level-5’s somewhat disappointing White Knight Chronicles, I have high hopes for this game. From what I’ve seen so far, teaming up with Studio Ghibli has produced some impressive results.

Ni no Kuni PV (PS3)

The in-game graphics look amazing! It’s as if you’re playing through a Ghibli movie. Add on the fact that Joe Hisashi is behind the music, and what’s there not to like?

Maybe if this joint venture turns out to be a great success, we’ll see more game and anime studios working on projects together.

Since the release date in Japan for the PS3 version is some time in 2011, we probably won’t be seeing it for a while here in the US.

Image Source: Ni no Kuni Official Site

12 Comments to “Ni no Kuni (The Another World)”

1. Z says:

All the JRPG suck!

There’s some pretty decent JRPGs out there along with some terrible ones.

2. Shadow says:

The trailer was very impressive. I am certainly looking forward to seeing how the game plays on the PS3 (given the wait time until North American release).

This reminds me of waiting for Valkyria Chronicles. 🙁

3. ippius says:

this looks like a cross between pokemon and final fanatsy 😛 not that that’s a bad thing. also ghibli goodness is never a bad thing~

Yeah, the battle system looks like they’re fighting with pokemon. 😀

4. Brett says:

This look like it will be promising. I’m a big Level-5 and Ghibli fan, so I’ll put my faith in them for this.

The transition from DS game to PS3 game also really surprised me though!

I’m really looking forward to the story. I wonder how the DS version will turn out though.

If Studio Ghibli is involved, the graphics mus be amazing. Joe Hisashi is also incredible. He made me fall in love with anime with Laputa.

Same here. Laputa was my first anime and it certainly left a lasting impression.

6. iomoo says:

GODLYYYYYy
    it reminds me of kingdom hearts
    i wish that it would come to the USA D: