Arakawa Under the Bridge First Impressions

Arakawa Under the Bridge

This should come as no surprise to many people since Shinbou has worked on both of these series. Plus, the elite male businessman, Ichinomiya Kou, is voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi (Araragi from Bakemonogatari and Izaya from Durarara!!). He seems to be the main male seiyuu for many anime projects lately, which is a good thing.

Thus, be prepared for witty/entertaining bantering and don’t expect too much from the animations due to the unique style of presentation. I found the first episode highly amusing and realized I was chuckling to myself during a couple of the scenes.

Rating: Very Good

8 Comments to “Arakawa Under the Bridge First Impressions”

1. Joojoobees says:

Agreed. The show was funny, and Kamiya’s performance was excellent.

That was damn strange episode, love you SHAFT.

but i hope they will stop with their fixcation with the dam eyes.

3. Lightoss says:

I been hearing a lot about this anime, it seems interesting maybe im going to watch it.

@Joojoobees: ^o^

@Fabrice: More of the eyes scenes equals less animation work they have to do. >_>

@Lightoss: It all depends on if you like the style.

5. Shadow says:

I was surprised by the humor as well. It was reminiscent of the laughs I occasionally got from Zetsubou Sensei, which I believe this show has more in common with than Bakemonogatari. Either way, the first episode makes it look like this is going to be some fun.

Ah, you’re probably right. I only saw a few episodes of Zetsubou Sensei, so I didn’t use it as a comparison. :/

I’m guessing the next episode will introduce another character along with more of their random antics. Fun stuff.

6. Snark says:

“A simple way to describe Arakawa Under the Bridge is that it feels like Bakemonogatari under a different setting.”

Goddammit. And I was actually thinking of watching this too.

It’s probably closer in feel to a mix between Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou Sensei.