New GSC Fate/stay night Figures at TAF2010

Good Smile Company has showcased two new Fate/stay night figures at the Tokyo Anime Fair this year.

They are 1/7 scale PVC figures of Tohsaka Rin and Saber Alter.

You can compare the figure to the illustration of her from the Unlimited Blade Works movie.

An excellent rendition of Tohsaka Rin by Good Smile Company with her flowing hair very well done. I’m highly anticipating how the painted version turns out.

As for Saber Alter, she’ll go nicely as a set with the previous GSC Saber figures since this one is also 1/7 scale.

Saber Alter has vastly different coloring from the normal Armored Saber and Saber Lily, so this trio should make an excellent set for displaying purposes. However, it’s hard to judge this figure unpainted since it bears a somewhat close resemblance to the previous 1/7 scale Sabers, so we’ll have to see how she turns out.

Check out more coverage of the Tokyo Anime Fair 2010 at Wcloudx (kumo)!

Image Sources: Wcloudx (kumo), Fate/stay night – UBW Official Site

27 Comments to “New GSC Fate/stay night Figures at TAF2010”

Im more interedted in Tohsaka,

but im sure you have your eyes on saber ^^

Naw, the Tohsaka figure is more appealing to me out of the two. Saber Lily ~Distant Avalon~ was the pinnacle of perfection so far.

K Reply:

We havent been getting enough Rins lately. Did you like Golden Caliburn?

I have Golden Caliburn ordered, but haven’t gotten her yet. She’s nice, but I still prefer Distant Avalon. ^^

The Rin figure looks so pretty. I’m definitely going to try to get her.

That makes two of us. ^^

3. Kaiz says:

It will be fantastic to line up the Lily, normal Saber and the Saber Alter together. So far, seems this GSC ver. of Rin is the most perfect I’ve ever seen.

Back to Saber Alter, I wonder if there will be another GSC remake of her – this time including her mask/helm/whatever it is, like the version of Lily’s “Golden Caliburn”. Or it will included along with the Alter figure.

Looking at the figures that they’ve done in the past, it’s quite possible that they’ll make another version of this Saber Alter. I doubt the faceplate will be included in this one though, since there doesn’t seem to be a place to attach it to.

4. K says:

Hmmm… after looking at it for a few days, that Saber Alter looks mighty awesome @_@

Yah, the sword swinging pose is great. Just need to see the paint now.

5. cumbo says:

I hope to get both, Saber Alter will look nice with my Saber Lily ~Distant Avalon~ and Saber ~Triumphant Excalibur~, they will be the centre peice of my collection. Rin is a must also – hope GSC plan to sculpt the other characters – I await “Dark Sakura”

Oh, it’ll be cool to see how GSC envisions “Dark Sakura” as a figure.

6. kesuki says:

Have they released anymore updates on these figures yet?
    They both look so cool =D

Check out Wonder Festival – 2010 Summer, they show Saber Alter painted. 🙂

kesuki Reply:

Wow, I will definitely preorder when they start taking orders x_x~

Me too! ^^

Kesuki Reply:

That reminds me.. I really need to find a place to get the Distant Avalon figure =x

I haven’t been getting much luck lately x_x;

Ugh, that’s a pricey one nowadays. Maybe GSC will re-release it someday. :/

Kesuki Reply:

aw rats =(
    yeah, I only have 16000 yen so I probably would not be able to afford one…

I think Mandarake has one up for 14,000 yen. *shrug*

Kesuki Reply:

yeah I seen it, however I don’t have enough for the shipping cost >_<;

Ah yeah, shipping costs from Japan are killer. >_<

kesuki Reply:

Rats! I finally get enough and then its gone =(

Awww, I’m sure one will pop up again soon enough on Mandarake. 🙁

7. kesuki says:

Erg, back to waiting XD
    So many figures to look forward to o_o;

kesuki Reply:

eee nu I failed to reply to the evergrowing chain >_<

Haha, epic comment chain. You’re right about the so many figures to look forward to. >_<