March 2010 Loots

What can I say? There was a plethora of good games released this month.

• Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
  • Final Fantasy XIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide
  • Final Fantasy XIII OST
  • God of War III: Ultimate Edition (PS3)
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC)

FFXIII is the shiniest gem out of all the March releases. Graphics are so amazing that it’s hard to tell the FMV sequences apart from the in-game graphics, and the combat system is innovative and actually gets fun deeper into the game. Some people might complain about the linear plot and endless sprawl of dungeon maps, but it’s really not that bad. I actually prefer the way the maps are structured and that there’s only one ending. Well, I’ll share my thoughts in an actual post focused on FFXIII later on.

Moving along, the FFXIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide is one out of a total of 210,000 printed. Mine is numbered 103,100 and worth every dollar I paid. As for the OST, I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of it yet, but what I heard so far was superb. Figure Haven will actually be carrying a few copies once I update the store with the new inventory we received. Square Enix decided to drop the price of the OST from $49.99 to $34.99 since they were pleased with FFXIII‘s reception in North America. We’ll probably offer it for $29.99 or something, but I digress.

Ah yes, the God of War III: Ultimate Edition. It naturally comes with the game, an art book, and a replica of Pandora’s Box. Basically you pay extra for a rather realistic-looking, but plastic box. I was surprised at the size and how it looks to be made of metal, but you realize it’s simply plastic once you touch it.

Then finally I got Bad Company 2 for the PC after reading great reviews about it and watching gameplay videos on Youtube. Fully destructible terrain? Sounds perfect to me.

Now I just need to find time for all this. FFXIII takes priority of course.

15 Comments to “March 2010 Loots”

Wow your really into FFXIII!
    Got like the whole set, oh and im thinking of getting the new battlefield. the thing is i havent played games for a while O:

anyway nice loot!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is on my ‘to get list’. GOW3 review was enough to convince me to get it as well but I will postpone that. One of my workmates got the actual Pandora’s Box edition. I was shocked when I saw the price. lol

Hopefully he will finish it in time for me to borrow it. xD

3. Brett says:

Wow that’s awesome! Enjoy it all. So far this month I’ve picked up the first Professor Layton, Final Fantasy XIII, Pokémon Soul Silver (I have both Japanese releases, but it was hard to pass up on it), and Resonance of Fate. Hopefully next week I’ll be able to get Yakuza 3 and Infinite Space, maybe even God of War III and God of War Collection.

4. Brett says:

And about FFXIII soundtrack on Figure Haven, I would love to pick up a copy from you guys. I downloaded it when it came out in Japan and it is superb, the best soundtrack in a long time.

5. ippius says:

wow u got the GoW ultimate trilogy pack! JEALOUS!

6. Hamauzu’s compositions are pretty awesome all right and his work on FFXIII shows why he’s such a good composer.

@Fabrice: Thanks, although FFXIII has been somewhat frustrating lately due to the later chapter boss fights, but the difficulty is stimulating. Not playing games is a good thing. 😛

@Optic: Yeah, borrowing GoW3 would be a good idea since it’s more of those one-time playthrough games for me. The pricetag sucked.

@Brett: Wow, I didn’t realize Resonance of Fate was already out in NA. For some reason I thought it was being released in the summer. I’m definitely going to pick that up as well. As for the FFXIII OST, it’ll probably be added sometime this weekend. Thanks!

@ippius: Meh, I don’t think it’s worth it. In retrospect, I should probably have gotten the regular edition.

@zzeroparticle: I concur.

Optic has FFXIII too! I think I shoulg get and PS3 and play those games as well.. ^^

If you’re able to do so, I highly recommend it. Plus, the PS3 price has dropped a lot from the original price when it was first released.

9. Brett says:

I don’t know if you have a PSN account or are ever on it, but this weekend I solved my problems with my PS3 connecting to the internet by buying a wireless bridge. It works really well, and now I can play my PS3 online.
    I don’t know if you wanted to exchange PSN ids, but mine is “brettchalupa” Feel free to add me and we can play something together. The only online games I have currently are Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, Metal Gear Online (which I honestly don’t like at all), and Uncharted 2. If it was warranted and you wanted to play something like Call of Duty or another big name shooter title online with me, I would gladly run out and pick it up because I’ve been looking to get one. The problem is I don’t know which game to get. Between Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, and Modern Warfare 2 it is a tough choice. Back in 2008/2009 I played the shit out of Modern Warfare, mostly because I had a good group of friends to play with, which honestly made the experience worth the time and that much better. Sorry if it is just tl;dr, I’m excited I guess for having online now after over 5 months of not having it. I bought my PS3, the wireless worked fine, then one die it crapped out on me. I’ve confirmed it is the wireless card too because it doesn’t work on other networks and can’t connect to my PSP via adHoc for things like Remote Play or adHocParty. Which isn’t a huge deal, I’m happy with just the online aspects of PSN for now. 🙂

On other gaming forefronts, I picked up Mega Man 10 off of the PSN this weekend. It is really fun, I love the Mega Man music and the inclusion of an “easy mode” seems like it was just for me! My problem with the Mega Man series has always been the difficulty, I get that makes it fun and should make you get better, but I can only try a level for so long before I get frustrated and bored.

I think what I am going to do is get the God of War Collection before III so I am caught up to what Kratos is pissed at now (I played both when they were released on the PS2, but I didn’t/don’t own them so it will be a good refresher). Chains of Olympus still remains to be one of my favorite PSP games, so maybe I will just go God of War crazy one week or something and play through them all.

Looking ahead at PS3 games, I’ll be getting Lost Planet 2, I don’t know if you want to play the co-op demo, it is a lot of fun, Super Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (I might order the Japanese Limited Edition for the Noel nendoroid), and most likely Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii. It seems that now that major March releases are gone, there isn’t as much to worry/stress about money wise. The thing for me to realize is that the major games being released won’t be hard to find or anything, so it isn’t a big deal to wait.

I’m also thinking about getting Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, did you play RE5 at all?

Whoa, long comment. Grats on getting your PS3 wireless working. I’ll add you next time I’m on my PS3; my PSN ID is Reltair.

I don’t really play online games that much anymore in general. If I am on my PS3, I’m probably playing some RPG. The only FPS in that list that I have for the PS3 is Modern Warfare 2, and I haven’t touched that since I beat the single player. I guess no one really wants to make a co-op RPG since MMORPGs somewhat fill that niche.

I think I played the RE5 demo and got pwned, lol. Well, I wouldn’t run out and buy anything if you’re planning to play online with me since I’m kind of out of the scene now. Finally quit WoW a while back too. >_<

Brett Reply:

I actually ended up just getting White Knight Chronicles because it was $15.00 off on Amazon. I know that has an online feature, did you ever test that out/play it? It looks neat and something very cool for the RPG aspect of it.

Yeah, I did some of the quests online with a friend. To be honest, it was pretty boring lol. I guess some of the later quests are probably more exciting, but I just beat the single player story and haven’t touched it since.

Looks like a really good loot. I saw the trailer for the God of War game and it looks amazing.
    The Final Fantasy stuff is awesome too!

I was going to hold off on playing GoW3 until I beat GoW2, but I don’t know if I can resist…