Working!! First Impressions

Working!!

A new series has aired for the Spring 2010 anime season and I didn’t even compile a comprehensive preview post yet. 😐

Working!! is based on a 4-panel manga of the same name. The story revolves around the daily antics of the staff at a family restaurant. Just visualize other slice of life anime like Lucky Star and Minami-ke, except in a family restaurant setting.

From the first episode alone, the personality of each member of the staff is already defined. You have an energetic female lead who’s a 17-year old high school student with the appearance of a grade-schooler, and a 16-year old male lead that considers himself a “minicon” (loves miniature things). The connection there is pretty obvious. As for the rest of the restaurant staff, they each have their own quirks as well.

This anime aims to be a comedy, and it fulfills that purpose with ease. I found the first episode to be amusing enough, just don’t expect any profound plot developments.

Rating: Good

13 Comments to “Working!! First Impressions”

1. Lightoss says:

Its seems interesting!! Going to watch it~~

This is sure going to be on my watch list, but not my top priority.
    Angel beats, BRS, arakawa under the bridge, k-on2, Mhmm then probably working ^^

3. FlawlessEXA says:

Interesting. Might pick it up if I have time.

@Lightoss: Enjoy!

@Fabrice: Angel Beats and K-ON would have priority over this for me, but Working is the only Spring season anime out at the moment. ^^

@FlawlessEXA: Cool, it’s worth a try.

I haven’t been keeping up with what’s coming out in the spring season. Not sure if I want to watch this. Seems decent though.

If you’re feeling like mindless (in a good way) humor, then this would be good. Otherwise if you have time constraints, I would pass this series over for other ones.

6. Persocom says:

sounds interesting enough to try out. guess I’ll hunt for subs :3

Yup, it’s already subbed. :3

Persocom Reply:

well I watched it and it was quite amusing, looks like i’ll be following this one ^^

Glad you liked it! ^^

7. […] Thoughts: The first episode has already aired. My first impressions of it can be found here. […]

8. tomoyo says:

pongan mas imagenes pliiiiiiissss !!!!!!!! ^^

There should be plenty of images online. I’m sure you can find some via Google or something. ^^