Angel Beats! Preview

The Spring 2010 anime season already looks promising with Angel Beats! set to air in April.

A synopsis of the series via AniDB:

In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

The premise already has me highly anticipating Angel Beats! Especially the general theme of humans fighting against Gods, which can be further expanded in countless ways.

It seems Key, Aniplex, P.A. Works, and Dengeki G’s Magazine are working together on this project.

Notable members include:

Project, script, and music – Jun Maeda [Air, CLANNAD]

Character design – Na-Ga [Little Busters!]

Director – Seiji Kish [Seto no Hanayome]

Character design, Total drawing director – Yuuzou Hirata [Strike Witches]

Animation Production – P.A. Works [true tears, CANAAN]

With Jun Maeda leading the project and writing the script, the drama and emotional aspect of this series should be excellent. Pair this along with the fact that P.A. Works is doing the animation production (CANAAN had some amazing animation work), and you have yourself an upcoming star.

I’ve always loved the music in Key projects and this promo just further solidifies that sentiment.

15 Comments to “Angel Beats! Preview”

1. Of Key’s composers, I consider Jun Maeda’s works to be the best of the lot. Of course, Key getting involved with anything pretty much means it’ll be a sure winner. The only oddity here is the lack of Kyo-Ani.

2. ippius says:

mmm animation looks good. concept sounds kinda iffy, but i’ll giv it a try

3. yumetachi says:

im so glad that kyoto animation is not involved in this. after k-on all they do now is draw in that style (which i hate)

4. Mikemt says:

I like the music and the animation. Looking forward to this series

Seeing the production company of Key and Aniplex has already got me sold.
    I’m looking forward to another emotional and dramatic series. I kinda missed it after Clannad. πŸ™

@zzeroparticle: Oh, that’s reassuring to know. Kyo-Ani is probably too busy working on the second season of K-ON! or something. πŸ˜€

@ippius: Be sure to do so!

@yumetachi: They can’t be involved in everything, right? πŸ™‚

@Mikemt: Yup, the animation looks really high quality.

@Optic: Judging from the promo, it looks like it’ll be pretty dramatic. ^^

I’m anticipating this series as well. Girls with guns are usually really nice, and the animation looks great.

Yup, some of the ones that pop into my head are Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, and CANAAN. Can’t wait!

8. Lightoss says:

Key always leave me speachless!
    I think this anime is going to be the anime of the year!
    The music is sooo epic.

Considering the staff, it’ll definitely be a strong contender for anime of the year.

9. […] doesn’t seem to be that many anime series coming up next season, but at least there’s Angel Beats! and K-ON! Second […]

10. dream says:

[Mazui] Angel Beats Episode 1 [HD-720p] sub eng mkv

LINK DOWNLOAD

Yeah, I think Mazui came out with a v2 now.

11. MOON says:

θ«‹ε•εœ–η‰‡ε―δ»₯ε€Ÿζˆ‘θ½‰θ²Όε—Ž@@?

Uh, okay? (not sure what you’re asking)