Sora no Oto First Impressions

Sora no Oto

First of all, what military recruits high school girls to form their own solo platoon that is then used to defend a town?

The country in this anime apparently does, but at least it’s set in a time of peace after a long period of war. The background visuals remind me of villages in the European countryside with a lush array of colors and realism. However, the characters do feel a bit out of place with their K-ON! style drawings.

The main character looks like Yui and also happens to be bad at playing the trumpet. Upon arrival at the fortress they’re stationed at, her senpai (who reminds me of Mio) there offers to assist her in learning the trumpet. Sound somewhat familiar?

I feel the series has potential and I definitely like it so far, especially with the lovely background music.

Rating: Looking Good

8 Comments to “Sora no Oto First Impressions”

1. Sounds like good news to me. I wasn’t having high expectations for this, but if a good soundtrack comes out of it, I’m not gonna complain too much.

2. Ruby says:

Oh its about being in the military? thats pretty interesting, I didn’t pay much attention to this show but since you liked it I guess I’ll give it a try ^^

3. Shadow says:

The production values look good so far, and being a fan of the K-ON character designs, I’m on the bandwagon. I admit that the entire premise is a bit outlandish, although it seems the platoon has a more “sound the alarm” purpose than to physically defend the town.

This first thing that hit me was “the animation looks like K-On!!. lol”

Will give it a go.

Yeah, Im agree. The shows has a resemble with K-On.

@zzeroparticle: Hopefully the OST will be worth it, but it’s on the right track so far.

@Ruby: Not sure if they’re going to do any serious military business, but at least they have a tank. ^^;

@Shadow: I think the military doesn’t expect another war for the decades to come, so their platoon will probably just chill at the fortress for a while. I’m a fan of K-ON! char designs as well, but I’m curious to how the anime would have turned out using a design closer to the original illustrations.

@Optic and phossil: It sure does. Studios are really hopping onto the bandwagon of what sells.

The character really do look very similar to K-On!… not sure if that’s a good thing.
    For me, it’s too early to tell if I would like it.

It’s hard to tell if all these new series are good just from the first episode, but I’m always hoping that they turn out good. Otherwise, I’ll have less stuff to watch. =/