Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP/EDs

Fullmetal_Alchemist_Brotherhood

I recently marathoned Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to catch up, and it was epic. I like it more than the first series so far.

The image above shows two of the new characters that are from the country of Xing, aka China.

So to go along with this I have been listening to the 3 OP and 3 ED songs from this series the entire week while I have been coding my final CS projects.

I like the first OP the most, but they’re all good.

OP1: “Again” by Yui

OP2: “Hologram” by Nico Touches the Walls

OP3: “Golden Time Lover” by Sukima Switch

ED1: “Uso” by SID

ED2: “Let It Out” by Miho Fukuhara

ED3: “Tsunaida Te” by Lil’B

Image Source: pixiv

14 Comments to “Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP/EDs”

1. chii says:

Can’t say that I like this series more than the first one but I’ll hold that judgment for when it is finished. I didn’t even really start enjoying Brotherhood till about episode 19. The music is as moving as ever though and I don’t think I could pick one over the other as being better. I listen to them all all the time XD (“let is out” is stunning)

I love that Again by YUI. Then again, I’m a huge YUI fan, and I like all of her music.
    I haven’t seen FMA Brotherhood though… 🙁

3. Can’t really say I’m all too happy with FMA2, but the OPs and EDs have been slightly better than the ones from the first season. I recall maybe only one good ED sequence; the others were varying levels of quality, mostly for the worse.

Here, YUI’s Again isn’t too bad compared to some of her other works, but I’m not too impressed with her as a singer. The first ED was nice though, mostly because I liked the little crayon-y touches that they did and the music was fine in my opinion.

Definitely been loving it. Currently following it on a weekly basis.

I like again by Yui but in the end, I find Golden Time Lover by Sukima Switch is better. ^^

5. hafiz says:

Haven’t really gotten myself to watch FMA 2 but looking from the above comments, I’d assumed that it isn’t good enough?

The song Again by YUI is definitely great but I may be bias here.. has been a huge fan of hers! :p

@chii: Yup, the music is all good. They’re all about equal to me, but OP1 just made a bigger impression on me because of the animation that went along with it I think.

@Yi: It’s okay, you can always watch it later. 🙂

@zzeroparticle: The rough sketch crayon animation thingy was pretty unique.

@Optic: Woot! ^^

@hafiz: Definitely give FMA 2 a try to see if you like it. Just have to watch until the later episodes where it gets even better.

7. Shazzsteel says:

The first series had more of an emotional impact for me, I currently prefer it over the new series but I still like it just as much due to the slight animation changes, changes in the storyline, new characters and overall expansion of the FMA universe. It’s heading to a completely different direction due to the new production studio which is good as they can shed light on areas they missed on the first series. I guess I’ll make my decision on which of the two series is better when the finish the newer one so that way I can be sure.

The ending for the first series was a strange since it did finish with a movie plus they were in the ‘real world’ which was pretty weird but made sense as they explained it through the plot. Since it still managed to obtain a happy (well almost since Winry didn;t reunite with Ed), it was still a good ending as the brothers manage to reunite atlast with their Al’s body back.

Nonetheless I’m still enjoying the brotherhood. Lets hope they keep the excellent work up. I’m sure they have many surpriseds installed for fans 😛

*SPOILER ALERT* for those of you that haven’t seen the first FMA yet.

Yeah, the first series was good too. I just didn’t really like the final ending where Winry gets screwed over.

Shazzsteel Reply:

Yeah, it was a win for Al but a lose for Winry. I’m the type of guy who likes to see the main character with his romantic interest together in the end so that was a bit of a bite in the ass for me.

Im starting to watch FMA brotherhood and I like the first OP too.

Woot!

9. Brett says:

Again by, Yui might be my favorite. After listening to the 3rd OP I can’t say I am too crazy about the song selection. The 3rd ED is pretty good though!

10. Tala says:

I have to say I love both series, and though I did a marathon viewing for the first in a weekend and then watched it twice more in the same fashion; I prefer Brotherhood after only watching it once in its entirety. For some reason despite the emotion driven first series I find that Brotherhood is more intense and that it ties things together in a more complete way. Both series are beautiful and meaningful; both have excellent soundtracks. Personally I am just grateful that they exist and that I have been privileged enough to view them.

Yup, I liked both the series. If I had to choose though, I prefer Brotherhood as well for the same reasons.