Saber Lily: Figure versus figma

saber_lily_comparison

I thought the figma version would be a bit larger. Now I’m slightly disappointed.

Seems like a lot of figmas are around the same size though. This was my first one so I was caught off-guard.

14 Comments to “Saber Lily: Figure versus figma”

1. Nini says:

Oh, I totally get it.
    I don’t buy figmas…when I see them on the net I thought they were pretty ok…

Then I saw the real thing at a store…I was like…there smallll….hahaha.

2. Well, at least this gives me some sort of expectations for what to expect once I get my Touhou figma. The Yotsubato figma that I had was small, but I figured that to be the case mostly because she’s a child.

That’s one of the reasons I don’t buy figmas. I own a few figures, which are generally, in my opinion, prettier and have more of a presence than figmas.

4. Leonia says:

I prefer Good Smile’s figure, beacause I don’t like articulations (and thus figma). I have only Drossel, but it’s a robot ^^ and is funny ^^

5. nekosasu says:

Interesting comparison, though I would have known about the size of the figma since I have a Miku figma.

Guess the question here is, how much Saber can you get for your money? Large, static fig, or small, modulable/action fig?
    I’d go for the figma, although I have to admit that the GSC fig simply looks gorgeous.

BTW, are you getting the Saber Lily Nendoroid, for the sake of completion? 🙂

6. Hirobot says:

Saber Lily is gorgeous!

@Nini: Yeah, they seemed to be larger when I saw them on the net.

@zzeroparticle: The Touhou figma looks awesome, so I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

@Yi: I prefer figures over figmas as well.

@Leonia: The joints are figmas do sometimes look out of place, but I can think of a couple figmas that do a good job of hiding that. Drossel is a pro one.

@nekosasu: Yah, I’ll be getting the nendo too so I can have the entire set. ^^;

@Hirobot: Yup!

figure vrs figma. I like both. 🙂
    But if I have to choose I will end up with figma, mostly because I feel 1/6 figures are a little big.–

Oh, surprising choice but I see what you mean about the size. Takes up quite a bit of space.

9. bluedrakon says:

Mini-Mi Saber! Still packs a lot of detail even due to it’s size.

Definitely, I was quite surprised at the level of detail.

Ur first figma is saber lily. Let me congratz u in getting one of the best figmas in the world. It’s sad I don’t have her. 🙁

Thanks! I hope you’ll be able to get her. =/

11. […] finally got around to acquiring the Saber Lily nendoroid, which completes the trio set of GSC’s Saber Lily ~Distant Avalon~ and Max Factory’s Saber Lily […]