Windows 7

windows7

Already have Windows 7 installed and running on my laptop. Need to do the same for my desktop as well.

At least it’s better than Vista I guess.

How many of you have or are planning to get Windows 7?

14 Comments to “Windows 7”

1. Hello again Tse.
    First off I want to say congratulations on your new OS! I am sure you will be absolutely blown away at the ease of Windows 7. I really hope you like it so much that you do put it on your desktop also. As for me on my laptop, I am still running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and I cannot be happier with it considering I have worked out all the tweaks and everything to my liking. Perhaps in the end, all I will end up doing is upgrading to 64-bit benefiting my laptops full memory capability.

2. Misu says:

Already have it. Running wonderfully on desktop.

3. Shadow says:

I find that Windows 7, while an improvement over Vista’s initial release, isn’t a large improvement over Vista SP2. Microsoft fixed a lot of issues with the service packs for Vista, but couldn’t shake the bad reputation that came from the botched release.

I will say that 7 feels a bit faster and lighter than Vista did though, I’m also really enjoy the wallpaper slideshow feature!

4. B-Mecha says:

As i heard, the reviews of Windows 7 are inconsistent where some of them said it is faster and some said not really.

Most probably I’ll get an OEM verion together with my new laptop. My current PC is 3 years old and I’m a bit fed up with XP

5. Guy says:

Just as soon as I get money, or a student help in the USA…

Will do when I get my new laptop. I won’t bother on my desktop as I’m still running xp and it will be a pain in the ass when I have to find the drivers to be compatibility with Win7.

7. […] more here: Windows 7 | Project Saber Share and […]

8. Lanir says:

This is going to sound strange but I have it running in a virtual machine on my mac. I have a couple of applications installed on it I can play around with and get used to it. That’s really all I have it for. I’m a unix geek so I mainly have it so I don’t spend 20 minutes figuring out where all the buttons are when I inevitably get asked to fix someone’s install of it later on.

@Nick: Hey, thanks! Windows 7 is pretty easy to use. Staying with 32-bit on your laptop is probably fine, meh.

@Misu: Woot!

@Shadow: Yeah, I didn’t use Vista upon release and only used Server 2008 when it was already at SP2. However, Windows 7 still feels faster than it.

@B-Mecha: Sounds like a good time to get a new computer. Bypassing Vista completely is pro too.

@Guy: Haha, Microsoft does charge quite a bit for it at retail price. =/

@Optic: My laptop is kind of old as well, but I’m thinking of getting a netbook later on instead.

@Lanir: Good idea, I actually need to go get a Mac sometime in the future – it’s the only OS I haven’t used in ages. Then I can help people with Mac fixes. >_>

10. Guy says:

Turns out my wireless network connector doesn’t have Vista/W7 compatible drivers, so I’ll also need to buy myself a new D-Link connector. Seems there’s one that’d work for as low as $20.

Planning on getting 7, but it’s such a pain to transfer stuff and such.

@Guy: I had to look specifically for a Vista compatible wireless card when I was building for desktop, and it still has an issue. Bleh.

@Yi: That’s one of the main things that puts me off from reinstalling an OS. I have to move all the files I want to keep to one of my external HDs.

13. Brett says:

I actually only have Mac OS 10.5 I am running on. I imagine once I get my desktop in the next year, before college starts, I will get Windows 7.

How has it been so far?

It’s been great so far for me, no issues at all.