Touhou Project: Reimu Figures

reimu_figma

The Reimu Hakurei figma by Max Factory is the best figma that I’ve seen to date. Without the clear supporting arm behind her in the picture, she could pass as a scaled PVC figure.

This figma has a 1/2010 release planned with a small price tag of only 2,800 yen. Figmas sure cost way less than PVC figures. =/

There don’t seem to be many Touhou Project figures out at the moment, especially of Reimu.

The other notable ones are a nendo by Good Smile Company and a 1/8 scaled PVC figure by Griffon.

reimu_nendo

griffon_reimu

The nendo is nice as I would expect from GSC, but I’m not really a fan of Griffon figures. Their quality doesn’t seem up to par with the rest of my favorite manufacturers. However, I could be wrong since their Reimu figure does look decent.

Hopefully Alter or GSC will think about making some Touhou Project scaled PVC figures in the future. For now a fan can settle with purchasing the trifecta: PVC figure, nendo, and figma.

Image Sources: Good Smile Company, MyFigureCollection.net

15 Comments to “Touhou Project: Reimu Figures”

1. Leonia says:

I lové Griffon expression and the nendoroid is really cute ^^

2. I’m not a huge fan of the deformed nendos, but the figma looks pretty damn nice. By all accounts, the Griffon figurine looks good too, but right now, I’m just a little too poor to be able to afford it. Need to get a job after graduating :\

The Reimu figma is really pretty. The nendoroid is cute, but I suppose all nendos are. I don’t really feel anything for the Griffon figure.Feels vVery generic and has an almost empty looking expression.

4. Snark says:

The Reimu figma is fucking cute, shame she’s really hard to get though.

5. Guy says:

I like the figma’s face better than the scaled figure’s.

Also, Snark, she’s store exclusive to half a dozen stores, but not limited release, so at least she won’t get gouging prices. I’ll prolly order her.

@Leonia: I like the nendo, but not a fan of Griffon still. Guess I’m biased.

@zzeroparticle: Yup, the figma is pro. I need to get a job as well. =/

@Yi: It’s all in the eyes – a somewhat empty look.

@Snark: Haha, I haven’t looked into how I’m getting her yet.

@Guy: Definitely agree.

@phossil: ^^;

If I was a big Touhou fan, I would’ve been all over this figma but thankfully I’m not. It’s been announced it will be an exclusive so good luck for all the people whose getting her. ^^

Exclusive? :<

zenical Reply:

Reltair, you can check out the post at my blog about Figma Reimu: EXCLUSIVE!! ARGH D;

Well exclusive = miss. not a big fan, just that this figma is really nice! Lol.

Thanks, I’m on the fence for this one. Been spending too much lately.

Maybe they’ll decide to make it non-exclusive in the future and release more? =/

Optic Reply:

Wanna spend just a bit more? 😀

Pre-orders closed, D:

I think I’ll wait until later anyways, need to obtain some more funds.

8. DR0C3LL says:

AAAAAAA Where can I get the Figma?!?!?! *_* dazed…..

Seems like the figma will reach retail stores in early January, probably best to wait until then. >_<