Shin Koihime Musou: First Impressions

Shin Koihime Musou

Shin_Koihime_Musou_1A loli general rides a pig into battle wielding two spears.

I don’t know why, but I actually finished watching all of the first episode – and it was torture.

At first it seemed like Dynasty Warriors in anime form; the setting is in China as well I believe. However, it turned out to be quite mindless with the majority of the episode devoted to something dumb. Some, if not most of the characters/voices are annoying as well.

Shin_Koihime_Musou_2Damn, that’s a lot of characters.

Seems like this series has a considerable number of characters. Too bad I won’t be seeing them. Sigh, eroge adaptation.

Rating: Meh

12 Comments to “Shin Koihime Musou: First Impressions”

1. Micchi says:

I will watch solely for Shuri, Hinari and Tanpopo. I just noticed no Nenene! Nooooo!!!!

2. Snark says:

Admittedly, I find Koihime Musou to be a bit of a guilty pleasure. Mainly because I’ve read Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and I found the bizarre reinterpretations of the characters to be utterly hilarious. Lesbian Zhou Yun ftw.

3. Smithy says:

You didn’t like it? That’s too bad.
    Personally loved the first “Shin Koihime Musou” episode! Then again I adored the first “Koihime Musou” series as well. ^^

Sure it’s nothing even remotely grand in terms of plot and all, but it’s a good series for pure entertainment and having tons of laughs. “Shin Koihime Musou” is all about watching cute girls in lavishly colored outfits having crazy adventures and ecchi moments. Which in itself is fine, though you have to of course want to watch that.

4. Guy says:

I think this is the real obstacle of school-anime/shows. Either we get too many characters, or we get too few and it feels fake.

I count at least 9 girls with pink/purple hair..

6. Shin Koihime Musou’s sole purpose is… actually, I have no idea what its sole purpose is beyond testing the depths to which some people will sink. :\

7. Seinime says:

Ew.

Wow, good job commenting as I was writing my massive reply all. =P

You know you like the series, lots of good troll material.

@Micchi: Rofl, I see we have a fan right here.

@Snark: Oh? They’re supposed to be somewhat related to the Romance of the Three Kingdom characters? Now I’m a bit interested again.

@Smithy: Ah, I didn’t see the first Koihime Musou. I’m guessing it’s similar to this in terms of randomness/ecchi?

@Guy: Yeah, got too many here.

@phossil: gg?

@zzeroparticle: Haha, watch it for the lulz I guess.

9. Snark says:

@ Reltair

Yeah, the whole thing is basically Three Kingdoms, but with the characters are girls. It might not be immediately apparent since the Japanese names are whack, but here’s a link to a list of all the characters and their Chinese counterparts;

Oh nice, thanks!

Wow, Rinrin is supposed to probably be Zhang Fei? gg, rofl.

10. […] Shin Koihime Musou: First Impressions […]