Star Ocean 4 Coming to PS3

star_ocean_4

Star Ocean 4 is being released internationally for the PS3 on 2/10/2010. With Tales of Vesperia being ported to the PS3 as well, seems like I have fun RPG times ahead of me.

I was planning on buying an Xbox360 just to play Star Ocean 4, so this will save me some money. Hah! You Xbox360 owners are losing all your exclusives. Maybe Ace Combat 6 next? =P

News Source: Sankaku Complex

Image Source: pixiv

12 Comments to “Star Ocean 4 Coming to PS3”

1. Snark says:

Huh. Perhaps the PS3 will soon reclaim its spot as the king of JRPGs

2. Brett says:

This was disappointing to me, an Xbox 360 owner for the games Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4, but either way I suppose it is good for PS3 owners.
    An interesting thing about the international version is that it is truly international, featuring both English, Japanese, and a plethora of other languages to choose from.

@Snark: With these additional jRPGs coming, it probably will be. Valkyria Chronicles saved it in the RPG genre.

@Brett: Nice, but I prefer the original Japanese voices – with subtitles of course. ^^;

Brett Reply:

Oh of course I did too, not to add the English voice acting for this game is terrible. Somewhat ruined the experience for me.

Brett Reply:

Also with the Xbox 360 US Version there were no options for Japanese voices, so I was left hanging in the dry.:(
    The only games I have seen do this, allow for various languages, this gen were Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (thank you Mistwalker).

Ah I see, I hate it when games only have English voice tracks. (for jRPGs that is)

4. Tier says:

Having bought this game for the 360 back in February, I’d like to express my condolences to PS3 owners. I’m not too familiar with the PS3’s game library (being that I don’t yet own one myself), but I don’t know of anything that the PS3 community has done to deserve this.

Indeed, it’s a conspiracy! And to think that Star Ocean 3 was for the PS2 also. =/

5. Kuni says:

=o most of ps3 exclusives come to us too.
    Anyways this should be nice to ps3.

Yup, PS3 needs more RPGs!

6. Ruffles says:

Definitely nice. I saw this news a while ago. They also have the option of changing the character icons in battle from CG to anime art.

Oh nice, it’ll be cool to see the anime art.